Criminal Record Check Halifax
If you want to obtain a criminal record check in Halifax, you can get one from any police service near you through an online platform or in person at any police service in Halifax. The same applies to vulnerable sector checks. Police record checks are conducted by the Halifax Regional Police regardless of the avenue used. There are two methods of criminal record checks and they have no difference in cost.
What Is a Criminal Record Check?
A police record check, or a criminal record check, is a name-based search of criminal convictions in the national repository database. This information is obtained through the Halifax Regional Police. Citizens have the right to request a criminal record check when required for adoption screening, volunteering, or pre-employment.
The information is generally processed in 2-3 business days. There is also a rush option that can be compiled within 24 hours for in-person applications depending on service volumes. For those seeking clearance to work in a vulnerable sector, you will have to wait one week for processing. If fingerprints are needed, it may take up to two weeks.
Criminal Record Check Fees
To access online criminal records or a vulnerable sector check, a fee of $50 is charged with additions of tax and service fees. In-person applications also usually cost $50. Applications for volunteer positions costs $30 if there is an agreement between Halifax Regional Police and the volunteer organization.
For students seeking background checking for their study programs, a fee of $30 is applicable. However, the students need to provide enrollment proof for the check to be carried out. In-person applications can be paid via credit card, debit card, or cash.
How to Apply for a Criminal Record Check
Generally, two government issued IDs can be used to apply. The first document should have your name, date of birth, and a photo. The second identification document could be a medical card, baptism card, or any other government-issued document. The documents are used to authenticate a person’s identity.
If you want to know more details or have any questions regarding criminal record check applications in Fredericton, get in touch with Instant Record Check.
- In-person Applications – For in-person applicants, information on your criminal record check can be accessed on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Halifax Regional Police service. When applying for a criminal record check, two forms of hard copy identification should be presented containing your current address. It must be within Halifax Municipality.Accepted forms of identification include a Nova Scotia ID card or driver’s license, accompanied by either a passport, health card, social insurance number card or birth certificate.
- Online Applications- You should ensure that electronic copies are acceptable as a result from the organization that requested the check before you apply online. In some organizations, online record checks are discouraged. In general, the process of online police record checks is very easy and convenient:
- Create an account at Instant Record Check to track your request.
- Fill your information to confirm your identity and authorize us to use the information on your behalf for criminal record checks.
- Submit your request and wait as we do the rest.
- Receive your record check in a couple of minutes unless there is a problem in the information you provided.
At Instant Record Check we are always ready to assist you in performing criminal record checks. Contact us today for more information.