Criminal Record Check Mississauga
There are many reasons, one may be required to obtain a police record check in Mississauga. Typically, background checks come in handy while pre-screening potential employees to assess the risks they can pose to the organization. The background check is essential to foster a safe working environment.
What Is a Criminal Record Check?
Police record checks, also known as criminal or background checks, are a standard name-based search that provides criminal convictions tied to your name. Other than pre-screening potential employees, background record checks can be used for:
- Citizenship application process
- Visa and travel documents
- Application to change identity
- Adoption screening
- Immigration reasons
- Pardon application
Types of Background Checks in Mississauga
In Mississauga, there are three types of checks:
- The criminal record check – It is a name-based search that discloses whether you have a criminal record or not.
- Criminal record and judicial matters check- This type of search is conducted on individuals who require a criminal records check and have any outstanding charges and entries.
- Vulnerable sector check- It is a check on people who work as volunteers and involve vulnerable people. Vulnerable people fall under the categories of children, people with disabilities, and the elderly.
Requirements for a Criminal Record Check Mississauga
In Mississauga, two requirements are essential to obtain background checks:
- Proof of your place of residence.
- Two valid forms of government issued identification.
Obtaining Police Record Checks in Mississauga
As a resident of Mississauga, you can obtain a background check through an online application process. Using the online platform, Mississauga residents have access to judicial matters checks, criminal records and vulnerable sector checks for volunteer or employment purposes. Online searches can be applied by residents 24/7.
If you are unable to conduct the online application, you can make use of the records search unit and set a date to show up in person. In both cases, you will be required to provide some personal information.
What Is Included In the Criminal Record Check?
- Criminal convictions from Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and local databases
- A summary of convictions dating back five years
- Outstanding entries like warrants and charges, peace bonds, judicial orders, prohibition order, and probation
- Conditional and absolute discharges for three and one years, respectively
- All records of suspension as authorized for release
- Any offence that one is not held responsible due to a mental disorder.
Information Not Included
When you contact the police, some information will be omitted from your police records. For example, the following will not be included in your police record checks:
- Arrest without charges.
- Police questioning after being stopped.
- Getting into contact with police due to mental health issues.
- Reporting a crime to the police.
Instant Record Check offers these services, and we do them on your behalf as you relax and wait for the results. We are an accredited company that conducts Criminal Record Checks for the public. Contact us any time of the day, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.