Criminal Record Check Brampton
In Brampton, getting criminal record checks can be easy. If you are prepared for personal questions and have the right set of documents, a check will not take long to conduct. Police record checks can affect your prospects of getting a job, depending on the results.
We will guide you on how to go about obtaining a police record check in Brampton. In case you have any questions, you can always contact Instant Record Check for assistance.
Defining Criminal Records Check
When going through a pre-employment screening in Brampton, you may be asked about your criminal record history. Police records checks are always conducted for various reasons that include protecting the organization’s reputation and its employees. Similarly, it can be used to safeguard property and customers by screening the backgrounds of employees.
In some cases, your fingerprints are needed to verify the authenticity of the police record checks. Residents of Brampton can now access police record checks online. A criminal record check may also be necessary for the following reasons:
- Application for citizenship
- Name change requests
- International travel documents and visas
- Adoption applications
- Immigration reasons
- A pardon application
Types of Record Checks
Typically there are three types of police background checks:
- A vulnerable sector check: This can encompass school teachers, parent volunteers, and coaches who volunteer or work with vulnerable people. The vulnerable people include children, the elderly, and people with disabilities. According to the Criminal Records Act, it’s an offence to carry a vulnerable sector check if the position does not meet the requirements.
The hiring organization requests the vulnerable sector search. On the other hand, the person being checked gives the consent and does not make the request. The results of this type of search are made available to organizations within Canada only.
- Criminal record checks: for people who only want regular police record checks online.
- Judicial matters and criminal record check: Encompasses a search and a lookup of outstanding charges and entries.
Individuals seeking background checks in Brampton need to produce two forms of valid identification. One must have proof of address, and the other must have a photo. Expired identification is viewed as invalid information. Photocopies of your ID and pictures are not acceptable. Some of the accepted photo ID used for checking include:
- A passport
- Driving license
- A firearm license
- A Canadian citizenship card
- Permanent residence document
- Student and International student identification card
- Military employment card
- NEXUS card
- Ontario photo card
Other forms of ID that can be used with the photo ID include:
- Work/study permits
- Baptismal certificate
- Immigration documents
- A marriage certificate
- Birth certificate
What If the Police Name Search Does Not Produce Results?
A search based on the name and date of birth does not give a definitive way of confirming the person’s identity. In such a situation, the applicant may be asked to give fingerprints for processing. The search using fingerprints provides a confirmation of identity because no two fingerprints can match.
Get in touch with us for any inquiries or questions on how to obtain a criminal record check report.